Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Sugar Cookies I Just Made

So I come home and think, I'm Betty Crocker, let's bake some sugar cookies! There's sugar cookie mix from Halloween '08, there's an egg, there's butter. But it's unsalted butter! In my infinite wisdom, I add salt, even though nothing about the recipe calls for salted butter, and they're called... what are they called again? OH YEAH, DUMB-ASS, SUGAR COOKIES. I decide measuring spoons are for suckers and salt the dough like nobody's business. I roll the balls of dough with care. They come out of the oven looking shapely and perfect and tasting like a salt lick. Like you accidentally swallowed a mouthful of ocean except for some reason the ocean was out of water that day. I cannot eat these cookies. No one can eat these cookies. I will scrape them off the cookie sheet and find some ponies who might like to lick them.

RATING: 11% (I ate two anyway)

10 comments:

Viking Andrew said...

Perfect. Cooking is for suckers.

LoCo said...

Damn it if I don't want a third.

laurie said...

Yeah, but I bet Glenn will still eat them. Also, this made me laugh my ass off. In fact, I am still fucking laughing and it's making it hard to type...awesome.

Internet John said...

MIght be good with some soy sauce.

laurie said...

Everything is better with soy sauce.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

<a href="http://r3afterdark.blogspot.com/>http://r3afterdark.blogspot.com/</a>

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i mean http://r3afterdark.blogspot.com/

LoCo said...

Glenn is the epitome of Candian polite. And he still will NOT eat these cookies. The first bite tastes great. Then it feels as if you've dumped a shaker of salt onto your tongue and are trying to suck the salt taste out of the salt.

I have purchased new sugar cookie mix. These salty messes are going in the trash.

laurie said...

Ok so next time remember, unsalted butter is for baking and salted butter is for slathering on bread or vegetables to make them delicious.

LoCo said...

i baked them again. this time baking was NOT preceded by a jack and coke. and they are delicious. don't drink and bake, kids.