Monday, March 15, 2010

Obscured by Clouds

Obscured by Clouds is a Pink Floyd album from 1972, it also doubles as a soundtrack to a movie I've never seen, La Vallée. I first heard this album after I bought it from a crazy French hippie in Québec City. According to him, in the movie La Vallée, some hippies go into the rain forest, they smoke pot, they get naked, and then the natives show up. He's right, as I far as I know, and I'm guessing that his overview of the film was probably more entertaining than the film itself would be. So yeah, "The Gold It's in The..." is a good song.

Rating: 72% (Coincidence?)

(Image from wikipedia)

3 comments:

I.J. said...

@ Anon
Why don't you choose some high quality HTML while you're at it, fucknuts?

@ Quammy
I've never heard this Pink Floyd album. I was thinking the other day about how everyone listened to Pink Floyd, Hendrix and The Doors when I was in high school, but now the only "classic rock" I ever hear is fucking Genesis.

Ever do the thing where you listen to Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz? We did it before while tripping balls. I wasn't convinced.

Quammy said...

Obscured by Clouds isn't one of their more popular albums, but it's one of the ones I've always liked. It's mellow and not too progressive.

I never tried the Dark Side of the Moon thing, but I remember one time Gallant tried to sync up the Pink Floyd track "Echoes" with the trippy part at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Apparently it works if you use the 23 minute version of the song. Alas, we only had the 18 minute version.

I.J. said...

Haven't seen Gallant since my wedding. I wonder what he's up to, and if he's still with that girl.