Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cop Out

I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and I'll watch just about any movie with Bruce Willis in it where it looks like he might shoot somebody and/or make me laugh. And while Cop Out has a decent funny Bruce Willis to kick-ass Bruce Willis ratio, it doesn't really deliver as well as it should. Don't get me wrong, this movie isn't nearly as bad as some of the critics would have you believe, it just isn't super awesome either. It's probably the least Kevin Smith-like movie that Kevin Smith has ever made, filmed with fewer static dialogue shots from a script that he did not write himself. I say it's worth checking out, but your mileage may vary.

Rating: 72%

(Image from iwatchstuff.com)

8 comments:

Belabras said...

Can't stand Tracy Morgan. Ugh.

John from Daejeon said...

Can't stand that "fat" Kevin Smith; however, I wish the Kevin Smith of "Hercules" and "Xena" fame (Ares) hadn't passed away so early due to a tragic on set accident.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

circle blade decapitation?

laurie said...

I frequently wonder if Tracy Jordan = Tracy Morgan and there really is no acting involved. That said, I love 30 Rock so much I wanna get it pregnant!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

effete new yorkers

I.J. said...

You can't trust the critics. Only a completely wretched human being would sit around and review stuff all day.

...

Why 30 Rock is Awesome said...

Jack: “We may not be the best people.”

Liz: “But we’re not the worst.”

Both, in unison: “Graduate students are the worst.”

laurie said...

LOL.