Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stanwell Bulldog Majestic

Every pipe smoker should own at least one bulldog, and pipe smokers of stockier build should probably have several. The Stanwell Majestic is a good choice: it's fairly light, at 1.3 ounces, it has a nice finish, and its bowl has a slight forward cant that says "I at least know what century I'm in." I have two reservations about this otherwise great pipe, and both involve the acrylic bit: the stem of the pipe is thin and brittle enough that I worry about breakage, and I'd hesitate to carry it in my pocket or bag without taking it apart first. Since the pipe has to cool for at least an hour after smoking before I can remove the bit, this is a pain in the ass. Also, the hard acrylic is resistant to wear but hurts my teeth, especially since it takes a firmer bite to hold a straight shanked pipe perpendicular to my face. This makes it tough to smoke while reading, typing, or holding a beer in each hand.

RATING: 89%

(Image from smokingpipes.com.)

8 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

that was a lot of criticism for a 89 percent

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey yall shld review the final eposode of this seasons celebrity rehab w/ dr. drew it was p. good lots of spills and chills

Internet John said...

It's a gorgeous pipe, it's just fragile and hard to smoke while doing something else. It's a coffee-break-at-home pipe, not a running-around-in-the-woods-drunk-on-Colt .45-pipe.

Internet Robyn said...

I'm so glad the pipe case is getting used!!

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
Sheteanneds

Internet John said...

Your name sounds like "Shit head."

Internet John said...

(Is that racist?)

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

glen need sto contact shit head cause r3 is importent