Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Information Than You Require

Written by famous minor television personality John Hodgman, More Information Than You Require is the author's second book of humorous fake trivia, following 2005's The Areas of My Expertise. More Information features a variety of lists and fictional facts from such diverse topics as gambling, the future, Mole-men, and American Presidents with hooks for hands. Hodgman's comedic style is essentially absurdist deadpan, which will come as no surprise to those already familiar with his various television appearances. More Information is certainly an entertaining read, though I found The Areas of My Expertise to be the funnier of the two. Hodgman intends to follow up his first two books with an additional volume of fake trivia to be called That Is All.

Rating: 82%

(Image from atom.com)

2 comments:

laurie said...

Very impressive hyperlinking. John Hodgmen is funny as hell so I'm not surprised to hear this is good.

LoCo said...

So I found out last month that this guy is/was married to the English teacher at my high school who taught the Short Story class. She was cool as hell and I was obsessed with her. It makes me happy to know he has a rocking wife and she has a cool husband.