Friday, March 19, 2010

Talking to Deaf People on the Telephone

If you're deaf, or practically deaf, you shouldn't use a regular telephone. They have special phones with special operators to suit your needs. You shouldn't just scream at the person on the other end of the line, there's no need of that. Also, what good is trying to communicate with someone over the phone when you can't hear their reply? I can scream at you until I go hoarse and my coffee gets cold, but you still won't have any idea what I'm saying.

Rating: What?%

(Image from aiga.org)

8 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

um... differently abled?

I.J. said...

I knew a deaf couple that had two non-deaf kids. They would always say stuff like "Ba-NA-ba, bm-DA-ba, ba-ba-da ba."

(It sounded a lot less like a Lady Gaga chorus in real life.)

Viking Andrew said...

This deaf man, an old friend of my wife’s, he was on his way to spend the night.

If I.J. can guess which novel/story I'm plagiarizing here, I'll give him a free, new pair of tubesocks.

No one help!

I.J. said...

Hm. It's either Marlowe's Tamburlaine the Great or White Guilty Man-Child by that guy you went to school with.

I.J. said...

Anthony something?

Viking Andrew said...

Well played.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

inside jokes

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

hey do yall remember when internetj ohn was reading that book