Friday, October 8, 2010

I Was a Teenage Werewolf

Michael Landon plays Tony, a latchkey kid with anger management issues. Tony seeks help from Dr. Brandon, a quasi-mad scientist type who "treats" Tony with a combination of drugs and hypnosis. The treatment, for reasons that never make a whole lot of sense, causes Tony to turn into a werewolf whenever he gets upset. And seeing as Tony already had a short fuse, it's not long before he wolfs out and kills some chick who was just trying to practice her gymnastics. I Was a Teenage Werewolf has yet to be released on DVD, but I definitely recommend checking it out if you can find it.

Rating: 67%

(Image from examiner.com)

4 comments:

DCP said...

Michael Landon of Little House on the Prairie? Weird. I saw a movie once called I Was A Teenage Zombie, and it was pretty funny actually. An 80s stoner zombie comedy.

Quammy said...

It was indeed the Michael Landon of Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven fame. Of course, Teenage Werewolf came out almost twenty years before Little House aired.

Also, the success of Teenage Werewolf launched a slew of I Was a Teenage (Blank) flicks. A lot of the early ones were made by the same studio, American International Pictures.

I.J. said...

You so have the hairline of a teenage werewolf, Quams.

Quammy said...

That's enough out of you, chrome dome.