Thursday, October 21, 2010

An American Werewolf In London

#22 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I thought I ran out of horror movies on my top 100 movie list (WHICH I SWEAR I'LL FINISH), but hey, here's the best werewolf movie ever made. I really miss the days when talented, non-genre directors like John Landis would take a shot at making a horror movie. I guess the Grindhouse double feature kind of counts, but those dudes weren't even trying to make something good. Anyway, the plot is an American college kid gets turned into a werewolf, except he's in London. Co-starring lots of shots of the main dude's wang.

RATING: 93%

2 comments:

Quammy said...

I was tempted to post a Howling review until I realized that The Thing hadn't been reviewed here yet.

One of my favorite parts about American Werewolf in London is how his victims haunt him after their death. When he goes into the cinema and talks to his dead buddy, who keeps coming back more and more decomposed each time.

And there's just such a good sense of humor behind the movie. Virtually every song on the soundtrack has "moon" in the title.

laurie said...

I've never gotten around to watching this, but now that I hear there's wang shots I am so there.