Friday, July 9, 2010

Cassette Tape Memories: Island Tape One

I made this tape in the summer of 2004, and yes, I guess it's a little embarrassing that I was still making mixtapes in 2004, but my purple Pontiac Sunfire only had a tape deck, so na. I was working as a bag boy at a grocery store, and had just realized I didn't want to go to med school, but would rather get a poetry MFA (you young idiot). The conceit of this tape was songs I'd like on a desert island? I still like all of them I guess, but my desert island list would probably be mostly different now.

RATING: 68%

SIDE A:

I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges
Deceptacon - Le Tigre
Judy Is A Punk - The Ramones
Atomic - Blondie
Open Season - Imperial Teen
Connection - Elastica
Egg Man - The Beastie Boys
Blur The Technicolor (Poker from Stud to Strip Mix) - White Zombie
These Eyes - The Guess Who
What's the Frequency, Kenneth? - REM
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Hey Ya - Outkast

SIDE B:

Teenage Riot - Sonic Youth
Crimson and Clover - Tommy James and the Shondells
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Patti Smith Math Scratch - Thurston Moore
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Holland 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
Down In The Park - Tubeway Army
I Am A Scientist - Guided By Voices
Freedom Of Choice - Devo
Straight to Hell - The Clash

1 comment:

LoCo said...

Hey, I even know some of these songs! Thanks, Rock Band.