Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Apocalypse Now

#23 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

This is a movie about how war is bad and we shouldn't go to war. Just kidding - it's obviously a very complex film filled with characters who discover that whatever morality they thought they possessed needs to be discarded or revised because of their environment. I know everybody's probably seen this movie, but I want to mention that I got the chance to see the Redux cut in the theater back in 2001, and even though that edit is pretty pointless, the movie is the most visually gorgeous I've ever seen in the movie theater. So see it in a theater if you can, or go spend all your cash on one of those 100 inch HDTVs, Professor Moneybags.

RATING: 94%

3 comments:

DCP said...

Sorry I didn't do an MSPaint drawing, but it takes forever on my laptop.

Matthew J Killian said...

The Hearts of Darkness documentary is really great too! Seeing the redux in the theater was really cool. I wish the bigwigs in the industry would spend more energy re-releasing classic movies rather than remaking them all.

DCP said...

I wish my collector's edition DVD came with Hearts of Darkness. Man, no wonder Coppola went crazy after this movie.