Sunday, July 11, 2010

Black Dynamite

This is a pretty awesome homage/parody of 1970s blaxploitation films that came out (briefly) in theaters last year. It so closely matches the style of a lot of those films, including intentional production mistakes and degraded film stock, that I felt if I didn't know it was just made and couldn't recognize actors from today in it I would have just figured it was made back then. The only real giveaway is that Michael Jai White, who plays Black Dynamite, has like 7 black belts and is pretty great in all of the fight scenes, unlike Rudy Ray Moore, who clearly had little to no athletic ability. I'd tell you the plot, but that seems like work so just rent it or watch it on Netflix Watch Instantly (paid advertisement).

RATING: 78%

1 comment:

Quammy said...

I need to see this movie.