Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stankonia by Outkast

Though (or maybe because) it defies all genre classification, Stankonia by Outkast is a great album, but I bet all you guys know that already. I mean, it's got great songs like Ms. Jackson, Gasoline Dreams, and my favorite track B.O.B. Anyway, it's a great fusion of hip-hop, rock, electronic, folk, polka, raga, sea-shanty, and country and/or western. Well, I made most of that up but you guys probably already own this already and if you don't then what are you waiting for, a personalized invitation?

RATING: 87%

3 comments:

laurie said...

It pretty much goes without saying that OutKast is awesome.

John said...

Big Boi's hair is hilarious in that picture. I think I like his rhymes better, even though Andre 3000 probably contributes more overall to Outkast's quirky personality.
Most of their other albums are great too. I'm not the biggest fan of Speakerboxx/The Love Below, though.

DCP said...

Big Boi is definitely a better rapper, but without Andre 3000 they'd just be a mediocre rap group instead of the gayest show in rap music.