Sunday, May 18, 2008

Deliverance

#84 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

It's a pretty strong movie despite having the subtlety of a cute baby kitten being thrown through a plate glass window. Yeah, it's about masculinity's definition, and how urbanization is raping the wilderness. Get it? Because an urbanite gets raped by a wildman. Well, it's still good, just based on the characters and tension. I never really get why the message of movies is so important to people, anyway. Like what, it's supposed to be Mister Rogers or some shit? I just want to see realistic people shoot arrows at hillbillies. Is that so much to ask?

RATING: 85%

2 comments:

John said...

I'm not gonna lie--watching Burt Reynolds lie in a boat with a compound fracture and scream his head off for an hour gave me a huge hard-on.

laurie said...

Mr. Rodgers is actually more entertaining that this shit. God I hate men.