Thursday, May 29, 2008

Marvel Team Up Vol 1: The Golden Child

I know that I can be excused for liking a terrible book when I was eleven, but I have to say that when Marvel Team Up was being published when I was twenty-five, I kind of liked it a lot, but now rereading it it turns out it was also not especially good. The premise is various Marvel heroes team up to fight bad guys. I have to respect it for using a lot of the Marvel Universe, which many books don't, but it loses points for having awful dialogue and having Spider-man be in practically every issue. Hey, I like Spider-man, but does Batman show up in every DC... well, I guess that's a bad example. Anyway, I guess it's a mediocre book that has pretty art so what do you want, a medal?

RATING: 54%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've found that I don't really like Robert Kirkman on non-creator owned books. I dig Invincible enough, but his stuff on Ant-Man was not good (despite popular opinion to the contrary), Team-Up was a bit sophomoric (wait, is this a trend?), and Ultimate X-Men was, well, you know.