Saturday, May 31, 2008

Electricity Ants

Ok, they're not really called electricity ants, but these "crazy rasberry ants" that have recently invaded Houston are attracted by electricity and can seriously fuck up your computer. So that blows. I don't think I have them in my apartment, but I'm totally scared every time I see an ant now that it will eat my files. I mean, I guess I would have been annoyed before that they might be eating my peanut butter, but now my computer? And silverfish can eat my comics? And roaches can eat my dignity? Man, bugs have me totally beat.

RATING: 23%


(They eat fire ants.)

4 comments:

laurie said...

Yeah you should probably move North ASAP. To NYC specifically. Someone in your life who has a connection here should make you live in Queens with her.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could warn you about these and make you totally paranoid. You're welcome.

John said...

Upon reading the hyperlinked wikipedia entry, I found I had a lot in common with these so-called "crazy rasberry ants." I also prefer the warmth and moisture of the coast, and my colony has multiple queens as well. Go figure.

P.S. Unless you're taking all these photos yourself, which I doubt, you should really acknowledge who ever you're stealing your images from. I hate doing it too, but courtesy may be the one thing that definitively separates us from the rasberry ants.

DCP said...

I've thought about linking the places where I get the photos, but then again, maybe I could just start taking every photo myself or something.