Friday, February 19, 2010

storesonline

Storesonline is the company that sent my parents a flier in the mail advertising a meeting they were having to show fine local persons like themselves how to set up a website from which they could sell things. Storesonline sounds like a giant scam. And guess what? It is! My dad is the most street-smart person I know, but when it comes to the internet, he knows squat. Of course, it only took me about 13 seconds to type "stores online" into Google before finding thousands of complaints. The most upsetting part of this whole ordeal is that, even after informing my parents, my dad seems to be unwilling to accept that it's a scam. It still sounds like a good idea to him, and he thinks that somehow I'm misunderstanding the situation. The most genius part of this scam is that, although there is countless documentation about how this thing is bunk, it's all on the internet, which storesonline banks on its victims not understanding. So bravo, inbred Mormon terrorists! Tomorrow I'm calling you as my mother and I dare you to stand my New York rage for five minutes without canceling my parents' charge as you piss yourself with fear. And just for extra revenge for screwing with Prop 8, I'm going to fuck and gay marry all of your daughters. At once. We'll live in different houses with a nice, big, shared yard.

RATING: PROPOSITION8%

10 comments:

Viking Andrew said...

But there's a black guy on their website? How can they be Mormon?


I'm going to fuck and gay marry all of your daughters. At once.


Hilarious.

(not) Viking Andrew said...

My black wife is also my only gay son.

Internet Robyn said...

Would your father believe you if he was referred to the Better Business Bureau? They got an "F"!

Isn't it weird when you surpass your parents in reason and logic. That shift really fucks with folks. My son, however, will never be smarter than I. Muahahahaha

Internet Robyn said...

PS. They have over 780 official complaints and "government action" against the business.

I.J. said...

I like this post.

LoCo said...

Thanks, IJ. To my dad, the BBB is religion, so I was baffled that the "F" didn't convince him. I think the most upsetting part is what you said -- not that my parents were scammed, but that they are now people who are able to be scammed. Rage!

Internet Robyn said...

If you need any help with your "prank call" I know a few ladies who could help. haha

LoCo said...

Ha, thanks! My dad leaves for Laurie's birthplace tomorrow morning, so I'm going to take advantage of his absence to wreak havoc.

LoCo said...

OK so dad has mellowed. I called, and got an answering service -- there wasn't even a recording saying "You've reached storesonline" or anything. I left a message, but how much you want to bet I'm never getting a call back? I will continue to call like a madwoman, because it looks like what applies in Washington applies all over the country -- if you're 65 or over, you can cancel within 15 calendar days. I am a Woman on a Mission.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

tldr