Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet Water 420 Extra Pale Ale

A Beer For Every State #3 - Georgia

I loves me a pale ale, and this one is ok? It's hoppy, but not IPA hoppy, and I guess I would enjoy it if I'm ever in Georgia for some terrible reason, but it does have a sticky aftertaste reminiscent of puke or bongwater. Maybe that's where the 420 comes in, ha ha dudes, get it? I'm making it sound much worse than it is. As far as true southern states (beers) go, Georgia (this beer) is probably the best. But that's only because of Atlanta. And, uh, hops.

RATING: 70%

2 comments:

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

are we up to 4 beers already?

Bryan said...

I got that beer as part of my beer of the month club. Your review is pretty much dead on, and I remember they had a darker beer that was better.