Friday, April 23, 2010

Pennies

If you're like me, you save all your pennies in a big ol' jar. Partly because you hate carrying them around in your pocket and partly because, even though they suck, they're still technically money. Cashing them in is lame too because you gotta roll them up first. Then you have to take those rolls to the bank because if you try to pawn them off at a store the clerk will look at you like you're the world's biggest asshole. Last weekend I rolled pennies for like two or three hours, and what did it get me? Twenty bucks and hands that stank like copper.

Rating: 0.01%

(Image from ephemerist.wordpress.com)

Bonus Question: I find a lot of American pennies in my spare change, do y'all Americans get Canadian pennies in your spare change?

3 comments:

Belabras said...

Yes. Yes we do.

I.J. said...

American money sucks so bad. I actually had a guy reject an American $5 bill when I was buying a bag of oregano last week.

shoppista said...

Yes, and Canadian quarter-type things (they are quarter sized, but I don't remember if they're actually quarters).

Does Canada not have Coinstar machines? Not that they're not a huge rip-off, but it's so worth it to me not to have to roll up the effing pennies.

When I was little, banks still did this shit for you. Not anymore. Of course, we also had full-serve gas. Blah blah blah, you kids get off my lawn, osteoporosis, etc.