Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wow Containers

Wow Containers are plastic containers for people with no sense of capacity or volume. Say you made some food, but you made more than you could eat in one sitting. You could waste that leftover food (the new fad that's sweeping the nation) or you could store it in a container, so that it might be enjoyed at a later date. If you wanted to store said food and you were anything other than a complete moron, you would take a container that you already owned and then you would fill that container to full or nearly full capacity. Then, if there was still more food to be stored, you would simply repeat the process with another container. But now, thanks to Wow Containers patent pending Universal Quick Snap technology, there's a better way.

Rating: Wow Containers 8%
Rating: Wow Containers' Commercial 80%

(Image from asseenontvvideo.com)

12 comments:

DCP said...

I always love the black and white before parts of these commercials. Everybody in them is always hilariously incapable of performing simple everyday tasks.

Quammy said...

I think my favorite shot is when the person opens the cupboard and an assload of containers fall out on their head. Instead of using some of the many containers that they already own, they need to buy these new containers.

I.J. said...

Probably my third favorite Simpson's moment, after the phony Pope and making a false idol of Brad Goodman. "So I says to Mabel" is also pretty good.

Edditor said...

Simpso'ns

Viking Andrew said...

The rhetorical questions are brilliant. "Tired of clothes always being in your closet?"

Viking Andrew said...

And since when did being a "pitch man" become such a glamorous job? Aren't these hacks snake oil salesmen?

I.J. said...

Who can fathom the mind of the "pitch man"?

(Perhaps if you added italics and then moved them around three or four times, it would enable us to reach the truth through a sort of emphatic temurah.)

Viking Andrew said...

@I.J.,

Meta-commenting has been outlawed, or do you not remember?


Also, I take back what I said about "pitch men."

"Do your storage containers and lids let you down when you try to store a little bit more?"

I like his rhyme pattern as well as his understanding of audience: Americans: Always wanting more, more, more.


Ars Poetica

I.J. said...

Well I guess that makes me an outlaw.

P.S. Your mom has an arse poetical.

Internet Robyn said...

Great post, Quammers.

Now I know where I can store my footlong sub!!

DCP said...

I'd rather be a pitch man than a catch man?

Nancy said...

Love this review! Although I laughed and laughed reading it (and the comments) I must confess... I BOUGHT the WOW containers ... right off TV.
And I love them! I don't think I am a moron... but if I am, then I am a moron w/ great containers.