Friday, November 20, 2009

Public Transportation

Riding a bus can be a lot like a trip to the VD clinic. You have to wait around with a bunch of people who are there for the same reason you are, none of whom are usually too happy to be there. You don't really want to touch anything or get involved with anyone else who happens to be there beyond eye contact or exchanging brief pleasantries. You hope that you never have to repeat the experience, but deep down you know you'll be back. Also, you can be pretty sure that everyone around you has crabs.

Rating: 12%

(Image from aiga.org)

9 comments:

I.J. said...

Dallas bus: There was a five stop screaming match between the driver and one of the passengers the day before yesterday. This other time I'm pretty sure two different people shat their pants. If you tell a Texan you arrived on the bus they're suspicious and grossed out (a common Texan reaction to anything unusual), but if you tell them you walked they just won't understand what you mean.

Quammy said...

@John
While I was writing this, I couldn't help but think of the time when Chuck, Rudy, yourself and I caught the bus from the flophouse to the mall. When, after sitting down, Chuck announced quite loudly, "at least there are some people on here more pathetic than us."

I.J. said...

That was embarrassing.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

holy crapola you guys know each other glen did you know about this

I.J. said...

Quammy and I have been to Digital World together more than once, if you get my drift.

(We even had a short-lived band by the name of Botox by the Gallon.)

Gold Digger said...

I luv a man with a bus pass!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

ppl who ride the buss shld be used for fuel like soilent green

laurie said...

Eye contact? Pleasantries? We don't have either of those on NYC buses.

laurie said...

Also, I thought that bus story was really funny. I literally loled.