Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese's

When I was a kid, I’d see people win trips to Chuck E. Cheese’s on American game shows and I never got that it was a gross pizza place—I figured they served some exotic food product (huge blocks of cheese?) covered in the same orange powder they put on cheesies. I also didn't expect to see so many dead cockroaches lying around, although in hindsight the rat mascot should've given it away. However, my 3-year-old son had the time of his life playing all the crusty games, so I'm sure we'll be back.

RATING: A generous 35%

(Image from some blog.)

4 comments:

Timmaaay!!! said...

Thanks for the link to Fun House! It had been years since I'd seen that.

There's nothing like live music, except for live music played by animatronic animals.

I.J. said...

LOL. The weirdest thing in that regard I've ever seen was at Disney on Ice. They had professional figure skaters dressed up as animatronic monkeys--skaters pretending to be robots pretending to be monkeys. It was bizarre.

Tonight Roborat had a Jersey accent, but all his songs sounded like Michael Jackson.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

gross you have kids?

I.J. said...

I assume they're my kids, and I'm quite certain they're not Glenn's.