Saturday, October 18, 2014

Children of the Corn: Genesis

I considered reviewing this movie second to last because Wikipedia seems to suggest that it's a sequel to the original Children of the Corn film and not the 2009 remake. Frankly, it doesn't really matter. This movie is barely tied to the other films. They sneak in a pre-credits sequence in Gatlin, but the rest of the movie takes place in California. There are barely any children in the movie, which is hilarious because the word children is in the freaking title. Genesis has the look and feel of a modern day remake of a seventies grindhouse movie. Everything looks gross and the general color palette is varying shades of sun baked dirt. Basically, it's pretty slow and dumb like a lot of the other Children the Corn sequels. And I just realized that I don't have to watch any more of these movies. Which means I don't have to write anything else about these movies. So, peace out homies.

Rating: Children of the Hills Have Eyes Massacre%

Fun Fact: Duane Whitaker, who played Pritchett the truck driver, was one of the redneck rapists in Pulp Fiction.

(Image from Wikipedia)

2 comments:

DCP said...

You checking out for the Halloween season or do you have more reviews up your sleeves? Also I have decided that next year I'm going to review actually good movies. Like I'll do best Vampire movies and best Ghost movies or something like that.

Quammy said...

I'm going to try to keep up until Halloween, but I don't think I'll tackle any more full franchises. I might try to watch some decent movies from here on, but I've also got access to plenty of horrible Charles Band flicks.