Friday, October 18, 2013

Lake Placid 2


The Syfy channel is in the business of making garbage. For the most part this means combining various predatory animals with really bad CGI special effects and D grade actors. In the case of Lake Placid 2, Syfy shuttled Bo Duke and a handful of other actors off to Bulgaria in order to put together what is essentially a remake of the original Lake Placid, a process they would repeat at least twice more. Every aspect of the movie's production (ie: acting, directing, special effects, story, etc.) has been dialed back. It's as though someone at Syfy said: "You know that Lake Placid movie was really good. How can we piggyback off their success, but for a lot less money?"

Rating: 36%

(Image from ablogofhorror.com)

2 comments:

DCP said...

Are you going to commit yourself to the Lake Placid series like I've committed myself to the Hellraiser series?

Quammy said...

I doubt it. When part 4 came out earlier this year I watched the first three (intending to watch all four). They're pretty much all the same, just with progressively shittier acting and special effects. Part 2 is leaps and bounds better than part 3, which really isn't saying much. I haven't been able to convince myself that sitting through part 4 is anything other than a complete waste of my time. Part of the problem is there is so little difference between each installment that I'm not sure I want to write another ten sentences about shitty crocodile movies filmed in Bulgaria.

You can however expect another five sentences about Ghoulies coming your way in the days ahead.