Sunday, December 15, 2019

We Wish You a Turtle Christmas

Once, a few years ago, my nephew pointed to a picture of the Ninja Turtles and said to me, "These are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but this isn't what they look like." That's kind of how I felt while watching We Wish You a Turtle Christmas. Other than the original trilogy of Ninja Turtle films, I'm not sure that anybody ever got live-action Turtles right. They certainly didn't pull it off with this direct to video Christmas special. Which is somewhat understandable, considering the whole thing was apparently made for five grand. But, even if you can get past the crappy Turtle costumes and their toothy Cheshire Cat grins, the music will drive you insane. I know kids like garbage, but I have to assume that even the children of 1994 probably groaned and rolled their eyes at the lyric, "Deck the halls with pepperoni." And the Wrap Rap, what a bunch of crap.

Rating: Two Comic Books%

(Image from IMDB)

No comments: