Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Twas the Night Before Bumpy

Bump in the Night was a stop-motion animated series from the mid-90s. The lead character, Mr. Bumpy, was some sort of green, bug-eyed booger monster or something. I'm really not sure. I can remember watching this show when it was first on, but I can't really remember much about it. Having just watched the series' Christmas Special, "Twas the Night Before Bumpy," I can tell you that the show was populated by various monsters and toys that lived in some unseen family's home. I'm not really sure if there was more to it than that though. In the special, Mr. Bumpy and his friend Squishington (some sort of ooze monster that lived in the toilet) traveled to the North Pole so that Mr. Bumpy could steal Santa's sack. It was a pretty standard greed = bad, giving = good story. There were some dopey songs that riffed on Christmas standards, Mr. Bumpy learned a valuable lesson and that was about it. I'm still a little confused about the whole thing.

Rating: Toy Robot%

No comments: