Friday, December 21, 2018

Santa Witch

For me, it’s not Christmas without at least little stop motion animation. And I unapologetically love Gumby. I was surprised to find out, however, that Gumby doesn’t appear in the short “Santa Witch.” It’s a full-on solo Pokey affair. I’d say it was weird, but I don’t think there really is any kind of base level normalcy in the Gumby canon. In “Santa Witch” Pokey is excited to meet Santa, but before he gets the opportunity Santa is carted off in a dog sled ambulance. With Santa too sick to perform his holiday duties, Pokey calls up a friendly witch to pick up the slack. Pokey and Cybill the seal tag along for the ride and the short ends with some children getting the shit scared out them when they catch a glimpse of the Santa Witch.

Rating: A Santa mask%

(Image from Ebay)

No comments: