Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean

If you didn't experience it first hand, it might be difficult to explain the whole Mr. Bean phenomenon of the early 90s. "Well, he's this British guy and he doesn't really talk much. And he's always getting into these awkward situations. And, well, that's about it really. But it's really funny. Trust me." Watching it today, it's almost a mixture of Charlie Chaplin and Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, but in a good way. I can honestly remember watching "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" for the first time over twenty years ago and laughing my ass off during the Nativity scene sequence. And, even though I knew it was coming, I laughed pretty hard at that sequence again on this most recent rewatch. Also, it's worth remembering that before Friends or any other sitcoms stole it, the whole turkey on the head thing started here.

Rating: Socks%

(Image from Pinterest)

No comments: