Monday, April 4, 2011

The Problem With Reviewing Hobo With A Shotgun

Hobo with a Shotgun is an unapologetically violent exploitation movie that was filmed in Nova Scotia, not all that far from where I live. I wanted, more than anything, for it to be kick-asstastic. However, after seeing the movie this past weekend, I have to say I was disappointed. I thought the movie had some pacing issues and a lot of seriously bad dialogue. It wasn't a total shit fest though. The action scenes all looked good, they used lots of practical effects and fake blood, there were some cool cameos, some excellent music choices, some great camera work, and a number of lighting choices that paid homage to the films of Dario Argento. I hate to give Hobo with a Shotgun a bad review, because it definitely deserves to be seen and I know there's an audience out there for it, but I simply can't ignore the film's weaker points.

Rating: Quammy's Quandary%

(Image from onlinemovieshut.com)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Points for the straightforward title in the tradition of Snakes on a Plane and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

DCP said...

Would you say it's better or worse than Machete?

Quammy said...

It's worse than Machete.