Friday, April 15, 2011

The Replacement Killers

I could tell I was going to like The Replacement Killers as I read the names in the opening credits: Chow Yun-fat, Michael Rooker, Til Schweiger, Danny Trejo, etc. After watching the movie, I was actually a little mad at myself for not having seen it years earlier, since Hong Kong style shootouts and character actors are like manna from heaven to me. I guess my initial reluctance to watch The Replacement Killers stems from my overall disappointment with most North American-made action movies featuring actors or directors who first gained prominence overseas. I mean, as good as Chow Yun-fat's films are (especially the ones he made with John Woo), no one in their right mind could possibly think Bulletproof Monk is better than The Killer. No one.

Rating: 82%

(Image from moviepostershop.com)

2 comments:

Belabras said...

I remember really liking this flick. Good stuff.

David Andrews said...

Hey Quammy, I am afraid to say that I do not share the same opinion about this film. When you got the time, check it out at http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com/2011/09/replacement-killers.html

Great site by the way.