Saturday, December 18, 2021

Alpha's Magical Christmas

It's Christmas time at the Command Center and Alpha 5 is feeling sad. He misses his best friends, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. To cheer Alpha up, Zordon teleports a bunch of children to the Command Center to sing songs, bake cookies and help decorate for Christmas. What the fuck am I talking about? Why it's Alpha's Magical Christmas, the direct to video Christmas special featuring Alpha 5, everyone's favorite spastic robot. I was a little too old for Power Rangers when they first hit in North America. I thought the show was weird and cheap looking. I could understand the appeal of the Power Rangers but it was never anything that really stayed with me. I didn't even know that Alpha's Magical Christmas existed up until a year ago. It has a lot in common with We Wish You a Turtle Christmas, because it too is terrible. It's jam packed with Christmas songs sung by a children's choir and it is shot in the softest of soft focus. It's softer than the softest Uhura closeup.

Rating: Rollerblades%

(Image from RangerWiki)

No comments: