Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An Unearthly Child

Because I apparently don't have enough nerdy things to obsess over, I've decided to watch the entire Doctor Who series from the beginning. The first serial "An Unearthly Child" introduces us to the First Doctor (William Hartnell), his companions Susan, Barbara and Ian, and a time travelling police box known as the TARDIS. In "An Unearthly Child," the Doctor and his companions travel back to the Stone Age where they encounter a tribe of cave men scrambling to unlock the secret of making fire. A power struggle amongst the tribe means that our heros spend much of the serial either being held captive or running for their lives through prehistoric forests. Considering Doctor Who has been on (and off) TV for almost 50 years and the fact that I have a full-time job, it will likely take me several years to wade through the entirety of the series. But seeing as the show has one of the coolest theme songs of all time, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Rating: Eh, Doctor who? What's he talking about?%

(Image from thetardis.tumblr.com)

2 comments:

DCP said...

Oh boy I hope you review all of Doctor Who.

Also has anybody made the joke retardis before? You can save that for one of the bad ones.

Quammy said...

Here's a taste of what I'm up against.