Thursday, May 26, 2011

Samuel Adams Coastal Wheat

A Beer For Every State #12 - Massachusetts

My friends, who are admittedly mostly pinko liberal hippies, tend to deride every beer that is not out of a craft brewery, and while I agree that craft and micro breweries usually put out the best beers, I have to admit there are a few big beers out there I'm partial to - Shiner, Blue Moon, MGD 64 (jk on the last one). Samuel Adams puts out some good seasonals, and I think the Coastal Wheat was pretty good. Wheat beers are kind of hard to get wrong, I think, especially with everybody putting all kinds of citrus slices in them to try to turn them into a Zima or something. I can't imagine a situation where you'd have to drink this instead of Blue Moon, a much better big company wheat, but I don't really know what Massachusetts is like. Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in Hell!

RATING: 60%

1 comment:

laurie said...

I know Sam Adams is all the fuck over Mass, but we do have other breweries! The Berkshires Brewing Company and Harpoon both put out some great beers.