Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Salt Lick Restaurant

I happened to be in Driftwood, Texas recently (no, really, I was vacationing in Austin) and I was lucky enough to get to eat at The Salt Lick. Open since 1967, The Salt Lick is known for its open barbecue pit, friendly staff, generous portions, and their convenient BYOB policy. I opted for the "Family Style" all-you-can-eat meat plate, which came loaded with pork ribs, sausage and brisket. And, since I was in Texas, I washed all that meat down with a few cans of Pearl beer. I ate until I was legitimately concerned that I might vomit and was subsequently full for more than 24 hours after I left the restaurant. Not bad for $16 plus the price of beer.

Rating: Meat Coma%

(Image from sweetleafteablog.com)

2 comments:

I.J. said...

Yep, Austin is a charming city full of great restaurants and sexy, talented, horrible people.

Too bad you didn't go down earlier. You coulda stopped by Filthy Rich and helped me not recycle a bunch of glass and styrofoam.

I.J. said...

(Not like you can recycle styrofoam, I suppose.)