Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Treasures & Trash

Treasures & Trash is a pawn shop in Moncton, New Brunswick (1063 Mountain Road). On a recent trip to Treasures & Trash, I noticed that they had a freezer case near the door that was full of steaks. I'm not sure how it is that a pawn shop acquires a freezer case full of steaks or who, for that matter, would want to buy them. The quality of the goods available at Treasures & Trash, at least as far as what I saw on my last visit, is quite low. Also, the staff can be quite surly and are not above having heated arguments with people about what may or may not be stolen goods.

Rating: Dodgy%

(Image from kcmo.org)

2 comments:

DCP said...

I always want to like pawnshops, but in the end they just make me sad.

Quammy said...

Since I've never had to sell anything to a pawn shop in order to make ends meet, I usually overlook the sadness aspect. To me, they're more like indoor yard sales.