Monday, June 28, 2010

Something For Everybody by Devo

It's Devo's first studio album in 20 years, and boy do I remember standing in line at the record store in 1990 with my fifteen Canadian dollars ready to pop down for Smooth Noodle Maps. No I don't, but if I did or that had actually happened I would have been tres disappointed - that album blows. This one's pretty good, though. I guess if you can put out one good album every quarter century you shouldn't feel too bad about yourselves, but don't take my word for it. Dahda da!

RATING: 70%

4 comments:

Belabras said...

The live webcam all cat launch party was a thing of beauty.

Quammy said...

If I lived anywhere near a record store (they still exist, right?), I would have stood in line for this album. Instead, I have to wait for amazon to ship it out to me.

Here's some Devo trivia for y'all: The blue cloud/potato shaped guitar featured in the Fresh video is a piece of vintage Devo gear from back in the day (you can see it in the Girl U Want video). Bob 1 (the guitar player) sold it for money to buy booze and drugs sometime in the mid-80s, only to have it returned to him by a fan in the 90s.

DCP said...

Or you could buy the mp3 version off of Amazon, which is what I did. No wait!

Quammy said...

Does the amazon (.com, I would assume) mp3 version come with the bonus tracks? The iTunes version has four extra songs.